Sometimes there’s giving up and there’s giving in. Inspiration level is zero this morning so I’ve closed off Chapter two until I have a better sense of direction.
Good question, palindromichannah.
Few topics in grammar and usage inspires as much dread and confusion as lay vs. lie. This post will allay your fears.
Need even more examples? Here you go:
- When I get home, I’m going to lie in the hammock and relax.
- In which room should I lay the new rug?
- Yesterday, my dog lay on my lap and took a long nap.
- Jim has lain on the sofa since noon.
- Every night, Finn lies on his bed and sleeps inside his sleeping bag.
(Jennifer Lawrence GIF source: Teen.com)